Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too.
It totaled 15% of your income before taxes.
If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500.
If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you’d have $892,919.98.
If you took out only 3% per year, you’d receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you’re 95 if you retire at
age 65) and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you’d have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madhoff ever had.
Entitlement my eye, I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money, doesn’t make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!
Congressional benefits —- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that’s welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement entitlements?
We’re “broke” and can’t help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless!
In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile , and Turkey . And now Pakistan……home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!
Our retired seniors living on a ‘fixed income’ receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$’s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!
They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when it’s time for us to collect, the government is running out of money.
Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave ‘US’ the same support they give to other countries.
Sad isn’t it?
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.
A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor’s dog, then bites the Governor.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is onlydoing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control . Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a “coyote awareness program” for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The State spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.
9. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit against the State.
SOUTH DAKOTA :
The Governor of South Dakota is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow pointcartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke and South Dakota is not.
Current TVs Keith Olbermann recently tweeted to a Washington Times columnist, “No occupy rapes, no cover-up, no apology, no retraction, and no credibility for your Moonie-owned newspaper.”
Rapes & Various Sexual Crimes – 10/16 – 11/19 2011
- Madison, WI: 10-27-2011 — Madison Occupiers Lose Permit Due to Public Masturbation
- Cleveland: 10/18/2011 — ‘Occupy Cleveland’ Protester Alleges She Was Raped
- Seattle: 10/18/2011 — Man Accused of Exposing Self to Children Arrested
- Cleveland: 10/29/2011 — Rape Reported at Occupy Cleveland
- Dallas: 10/24/2011 — Police Investigating Possible Sexual Assault Of Teen At Occupy Dallas
- Portland: 10/16/2011 — Sex Offender Registers Occupy Portland Camp as Address
- Lawrence, KS: 10/25/2011 — Sexual Assault Reported at Occupy Camp
- Glasgow: 10/26/2011 — Woman Gang-Raped
- Manchester, NH: 10/28/2011 — Woman charged with pimping teen recruited at Occupy NH rally
- NY: 10/30/2011 — Woman Assaulted in Her tent
- NYC: 11/3/2011 — Occupier Busted In Tent Grope, Suspected In Rape
- Chula Vista, CA: 11/6/2011 — Underage Girl Missing From Occupy Protests
- Philadelphia, PA: 11/13/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Rape
- Austin, TX: 11/15/2011 — Occupier Accused of Masturbating in Front of 16 Year-old Girl
- Chicago, IL: 11/16/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Child Porn
- St. Louis, MO: 11/18/2011 — Woman Sexually Assaulted
- NYC: 11/19/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Forcibly Touching Woman
Thanks to Big Journalism.
Oil Pipeline? Which One are you referring to?
To listen to all of the moaning and groaning over how the Keystone pipeline project would destroy Western civilization as we know it if it was allowed to be built over sacred USA soil. You could be forgiven for thinking that a pipeline approval was a rare occurrence.
The map attached might prove enlightening.
The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop
If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these acceptance speeches there wouldn’t be any inducement to go to heaven. ~Will Rogers
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I’m beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow
Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you. ~Author Unknown
If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno
Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John Quinton
Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer
The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn’t work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O’Rourke
I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. ~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952
A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. ~Texas Guinan
Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so. ~Gore Vidal
I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle
Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson
Don’t vote, it only encourages them. ~Author Unknown
There ought to be one day – just one – when there is open season on senators. ~Will Rogers